Get to know me!

Friday 20 March 2009

Don't get mad, get even...

shit on a...?

The previous post reminded me of a visit to Borders a while back. Whilst The Very Hungry Caterpillar taught children to count, to read the alphabet as well as teaching them about colours and creatures, you might not be surprised then to realise that there are books that teach your children about poo or as my mum always called it: "caca!"

Now a book about pooing is nothing new, of course! However a book about being shat on and then getting revenge on the culprit definitely is! May I introduce...The Story of the Little Mole Who Went in Search of Whodunit:As Grace, Helen and I discovered, this aptly (and somewhat grammatically incorrect) titled book tells the story of a poor little mole who is minding his own business until someone does their "business" on his head. Mole is not impressed and goes on a hunt to find out who did it. He interrogates all the animals, enquiring if the quaintly illustrated turd on his head belongs to them. It's a series of denials however as they reveal (through flaps and pull outs) that their poo looks different to the one on his head.

Fear not though! In the end the mole finds the culprit, and gives him an "eye for an eye, a poo for a poo". I'm not quite sure that it's a book I'd like my child to have if I was a mum (teaching them to get revenge by pooing on the enemy?!), but I really was on the verge of wetting myself as I read through it! Maybe I should get it for my cousin at least...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...