Get to know me!

Friday 20 March 2009

The Very Hungry Search Engine

Today, as I logged onto my computer, I noticed something bizarrely familiar with the Google logo:Google are celebrating Eric Carle, a children's author who is mostly known for his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

This book was one of my all-time favourites as a child (along with Carle's other book, The Very Busy Spider). According to The Independent, the book "has sold more than 29 million copies around the world and has been translated into 47 languages. It still sells on average one copy every 30 seconds.".

I'm glad that this book is still doing so well. To be honest I didn't realise it was such a global phenomenon! In the age of Harry Potter, it's good to know that old school favourites are still going strong. When I was a little girl (and mentally speaking I am still one, somewhat!), I was addicted to books by Dr. Seuss, Roald Dahl and I coveted Where The Wild Things Are. It really makes me feel good to know this books have remained popular so that one day when/if I have kids, I know that these books will still be there for me to read to them as my own mother did with me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...